What is virtual Identification number in Uidai.gov.in
The virtual identification number is the revocable and temporary 16-digit number which is mapped randomly with Aadhaar number. One cannot derive the virtual identification number using the Aadhar number and hence it is safe. One can easily use the virtual identification number for authentication purpose. This is a digital identification number so you can easily regenerate it many times. It is valid for only one day after it has been generated. You can’t generate a new virtual identification number on the single day when you have generated the prior one. The virtual identification number does not have an expiry period which indicates that you can use the virtual ID still until you are generating a new one.
One will need this virtual identification number for opening their bank account or for availing the government subsidies. You will also need them when you will buy new policies for insurance or apply for the tatkal passport.
These are the few things that you should keep in mind when you are going to print the Aadhar card. There are distinct steps for the download of a different kind of Aadhar card. You can easily generate your e-Aadhaar card by using this VID number and you can easily generate this by using their portal. It is very important to keep one’s identity safe by using a method like virtual IDs. Otherwise, one person can easily regenerate a lot of Aadhar card under your name.
VID number in aadhar card
Aadhar Card comes with a virtual identification number that will contain all the details. Aadhar card number is a source of a person’s personal details and hence the chances of theft are high so it is now being replaced with the virtual ID. These virtual IDs will be of 16-digit number that will be generated through the portal of UIDAI.
Points to know about virtual identification number:
- Virtual ID numbers are a 16-digit number which will be arranged randomly. You can use this number with biometrics and it will provide all the limited details like address, photograph, and name of the person which is quite enough for any sort of verification.
- You can use this virtual identification number in places where you needed to place the Aadhar card number. You can use this number for different purposes starting from the verification of mobile SIM card number.
- You can use this virtual identification number for updating your address directly into the database of Aadhar card.
- There will be more service providers who will accept this virtual identification number instead of the Aadhar numbers.
- This virtual ID concept was used for safeguarding the data’s privacy of the Aadhar Card holders.
Generate VID Number in Aadhar Card : UIDAI VID Generator
- In the beginning, you will have to visit the page of UIDAI where you can find the VID generator. You will have to go to the section of services of Aadhar for getting this option.
- Now you have will have to provide the Aadhar card number with the security code which will be in form of the captcha. Now the OTP will be sent to the registered number.
- You will have to provide this OTP in order to generate the virtual identification number or generate the number which you have forgotten. This virtual identification number will be sent to the registered number.
- After generating the Aadhar identification number it will stay valid till you are generating a new one. You won’t be able to generate two virtual identification numbers at a single day.
Carry your identification with 12 digit numbers
Aadhar card numbers are very much important nowadays because it will contain all the data related to a particular person. It will have 12 digit numbers. If you are not interested in sharing the Aadhar number, then you can easily replace it with the virtual Aadhaar number.
Aadhar cards are very much important just like the voter Ids and hence everyone should concentrate on generating them. You can also get your Aadhar cards by using this virtual ID number. Aadhar card number and your biometric is very important and an essential part of your identification at any authority. This Aadhar cards will contain all the minimum information which is required by any institute for verifying your identity.